Life-writing course 6 x 2hrs
This small-group course offers the opportunity to write in a safe, collaborative environment with step-by-step guidance and encouragement tailored to the needs of students. Topics covered include:
- What will people say? Dealing with blocks
- Identifying the story you want to tell
- Creating a solid story structure for a gripping read
- Sharpening characterisation, setting and emotional impact
- Strategies to keep you on track to finish your draft
Students are supported with resources, writing exercises and planning tools so that at the end of the course they have a plan to draft a new memoir or to redraft existing work.
Madeline’s classes have given me the confidence to break through long-term problems with procrastination and perfectionism in my writing. She has freed me to express my creativity as well as write difficult content. Her classes are extremely supportive, informative and fun.
Viviane Morrigan 2015
The course I did with Madeline Oliver was just fabulous – a real treat with great writing/thinking/humour/fellow writers/working through some thoughts and personal history! I can’t recommend Maddy’s workshops enough.
Louise M 2015